Child Find

  • Children Birth to 3 Years 

    Early Intervention services are also available for children from birth to age 3. Please call the Central Plains Early Childhood Intervention Office at (806) 291-4416 to make an appointment for an evaluation. 


    Children 3 to 5 Years 

    Thank you for your interest in Plainview ISD’s Early Childhood Special Education Services. ECSE provides specialized instruction and services to children ages 3 to 5 who have been identified with at least one disability as defined by TEA and who demonstrate a need for specialized instruction. Please complete the following form link or call (806) 293-6090 and we will contact you regarding your child and your interest in special education services.

    Children 5 to 21 Years 

    My child currently attends a Plainview ISD campus. I would like them to evaluate my child, what is the process? 

    • You may contact your child's campus administrator or classroom teacher and request an evaluation. Your request may be written or verbal and the campus has 15 calendar days to respond to your request. 

    I am moving to Plainview ISD and my child has special education services through our current district. What is the enrollment process?

    • All campuses at Plainview ISD are equipped to provide a range of special education services.
    • Begin by enrolling your child at the home campus based on your address.
      Enrollment site
    • Reach out to the campus Registrar to let them know your child accesses special education services. If you are able to provide the most recent evaluation (Full Individual Evaluation or FIE) and/or paperwork from the most recent IEP/ARD meeting, that would be helpful!
    • The Exceptional Education Team will work to determine how Plainview ISD can most closely match services to the most recent recommendations from your last school. If a specialized classroom is required, but not available on the home campus, the home campus will coordinate with parents to identify the closest available classroom and transportation will be available.
    • Parents will be invited to a meeting with the campus staff to review recommendations and discuss any further information that is required. This meeting is scheduled no more than 30 days after your child is enrolled. 

    My family homeschools/attends a local private school. What services/supports are available to us?

    • Proportionate Share is a program where a student can access a portion of the services on their IEP (Individual Education Program) while continuing to access homeschool or private school. Please contact Child Find for more information.

    If you have further questions, please contact our Exception Education office at (806) 293-6090.

exceptional education
exceptional education