If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

  • Name Changes

    TRS requires notification in writing when you change your name. There is no TRS form for submitting a name change.

    • The written notice must contain both your Social Security number and your signature
    • You must also include a copy of a court order or marriage license that authorizes your name change.
    • If you are working for a TRS-covered employer when your name changes, you must officially change your name in your employer's records to ensure that your employer's records and TRS records match.
    • You must provide original documentation along with your form for Name Changes.

    (Ex: Updated Driver's License,Updated Social Security Card with new name)

    Beneficiary Designation

    • You should review your beneficiary designation when significant life events occur such as:
      • marriage,
      • divorce,
      • death of a spouse or designated beneficiary, or
      • if the beneficiary becomes eligible for Medicaid or other "needs-based" assistance programs. 
    • A divorce does not automatically revoke your former spouse as beneficiary. 


    (Please hand deliver this document to Sandra Munoz or JoAnn Gamez at the Human Resource Department.)