TRS requires notification in writing when you change your name. There is no TRS form for submitting a name change.
- The written notice must contain both your Social Security number and your signature.
- You must also include a copy of a court order or marriage license that authorizes your name change.
- If you are working for a TRS-covered employer when your name changes, you must officially change your name in your employer's records to ensure that your employer's records and TRS records match.
- You must provide original documentation along with your form for Name Changes.
(Ex: Updated Driver's License,Updated Social Security Card with new name)
- You should review your beneficiary designation when significant life events occur such as:
- death of a spouse or designated beneficiary, or
- if the beneficiary becomes eligible for Medicaid or other "needs-based" assistance programs.
- A divorce does not automatically revoke your former spouse as beneficiary.
(Please hand deliver this document to Sandra Munoz or JoAnn Gamez at the Human Resource Department.)