2600 W. 20th
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 293-6040
Leslie Richburg, Principal Leslie.email@example.com
The mission of the Plainview Independent School District, in partnership with the community, is to nurture, teach and guide children through communication and collaboration by addressing the needs and recognizing the worth of each student through effective instruction in a safe and disciplined environment.
Edgemere...Be Incredible...In Every Area!
Total Enrollment 442
1st grade 61
2nd grade 64
3rd grade 78
4th grade 78
5th grade 60
Edgemere is located in Hale County and is currently serving students from PK – 5th grade. Our campus student demographics are 78% Hispanic, 12% White, 7% African American, 0.2% American Indian, 0.2% Asian, and 0.2% Pacific Islander. 81% of our students are considered economically disadvantaged. Our current average daily attendance is 95.5%.
Student Achievement Strengths
- Edgemere staff works hard to ensure high levels of rigor in lessons.
- All grade levels are doing Common Formative Assessments.
- Balanced literacy and guided reading have been implemented in all grade levels.
- Professional learning communities are data driven.
- Inclusion is a strong component of our special education department.
- Progress monitoring is happening frequently at lower levels.
- Resource meets the need of our lower special education students.
What parents are saying about our school:
- Edgemere is a positive learning environment and is very responsive to student and parent needs.
- Parents like our PBIS procedures and feel their children are safe at Edgemere.
- The school provides information on grades, attendance, and assessments. The school shares strategies and computer resources that can be done at both home and school.
- The Edgemere staff is welcoming and caring in trying to meet the needs of students and their families.